It was Dameron Administrator Dr. Luis Arismendi that coined the title "the Heart of the Hospital" for
Dameron's Auxiliary Program. Since 1957, the Auxiliary Program has
volunteered over 700,000 hours of community service and donated close to $1
million for the purchase of major medical equipment.
Since that first meeting, the group has gone on to provide more than just hours and money. Each four-hour shift, Auxiliary volunteers walk an average of four and a half miles; each year they deliver more than 5,000 plants, flowers, and balloons to patients.
Today the Gift Shop is a major source of Auxiliary profits for the hospital. The Auxiliary also raises money in other ways. Weekly Boutique sales and a bi-annual jewelry fundraiser.
Each January, during the installation of new officers, Auxiliary members are recognized for their service with the presentation of special awards. This is given to a member for outstanding service.
« Back to Volunteer Programs
Dameron Hospital Association
525 West Acacia Street, Stockton, CA 95203 Tel: 209.944.5550