Dr. John Dameron founded Dameron Hospital in Stockton in 1912 with facilities for 20 patients. Ill health prompted him to sell the organization to a group of local doctors, staff, and businessmen in 1925, and expansion in 1927 brought bed capacity up to 55.
The hospital was incorporated as Dameron Hospital Association in 1943, becoming an independent, not-for-profit medical facility governed by a seven-person board of directors and a 20-member board of membership.
In January 2020, Adventist Health assumed management of Dameron Hospital and in conjunction with Adventist Health Lodi Memorial, serves a significant portion of San Joaquin County.
Today, we remain uncompromising in our approach to patient care—health care attitudes we've had from the very beginning. And with over 800 employees on staff, we've gone from just serving the community to being a large part of it.