Dameron Hospital values teamwork, collaboration and open communication. Our work culture is supportive, friendly and encourages the celebration of everyone's accomplishments and milestones. To support and sustain this positive environment, we provide staff recognition through a variety of awards programs as well as fun, informal activities throughout the year.
The DAISY Award recognizes nurses that possess the clinical skill and demeanor exemplify the kind of nurse that our patients, their families and our staff recognize as an outstanding role model. A DAISY Award nurse:
- Consistently demonstrates excellence through clinical expertise, extraordinary service and compassionate care and is recognized as an outstanding role model.
- Establishes a special professional connection with patients and families through trust and emotional support.
- Models empathy and demonstrates a caring attitude in all situations.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the work environment.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to meet the patient’s needs.
- Consistently focuses on meeting patient and family goals.
The Everyday Heroes program was established to celebrate the contributions of associates who provide exceptional levels of service in their daily work, and instill a sense of pride among our staff. Everyday Heroes is a special recognition program because all winners are nominated by their peers and selected by peer and leadership panels in a comprehensive process.
An Everyday Hero can be anyone in the Adventist Health family – administrative assistant or accountant, nurse or technologist, educator or aide.
The Everyday Heroes Award recognizes associates for their extraordinary efforts to improve and promote our quality, service, efficiency, people, growth and reputation.
The quarterly Leadership Award is presented to an outstanding associate that serves in a leadership role – they can be a supervisor, manager or director.
The winner is chosen by the executive leadership team based on criteria that includes:
- Service orientation: Emphasis on service and supporting others
- Change leadership: Ability to lead and manage change
- Emotional intelligence: Sensitive to others, able to influence positively
- Effective communications: Communicates well and shares information
- Development: Skilled at managing and developing others
- Recognition: Actively recognizes employees for their contributions
- Workplace: Creates a positive work environment