Because San Joaquin County continues to experience rapidly rising numbers COVID-19 cases, we have revised our patient visitor policy. Effective Monday, August 16, 2021, we are restricting visitors in accordance with the County and California Department of Public Health guidelines to ensure the safety of our visitors, patients and employees.
The updated policy only allows visitors for patients in our hospitals as follows:
- Compassionate care, which includes end of life circumstances;
- Pediatric patients;
- Those with developmental disabilities.
If these patients are allowed a special circumstance visitor, only one visitor will be allowed for the duration of the stay.
We will continue to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result within 72 hours of visitation for these special circumstance visitors. In extreme circumstances when these cannot be obtained, the hospital supervisor should be contacted to consider granting an exception.
Every visitor must:
- Wear a hospital‐issued mask;
- Receive proper screening and wear proper PPE when they are in the facility;
- Minimize how frequently they enter and leave the facility.