The Corporate Compliance Program and the Code of Conduct provide guidance for our organization to conduct business with integrity and in accordance with all federal, state and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements.
Our Code of Conduct states of our obligations:
- We are committed to providing a caring and comfortable environment, and each staff member makes an integral contribution to creating this environment.
- We are committed to complying with all laws, regulations, standards and other compliance requirements that apply to the business of Dameron Hospital.
- We are committed to complying with all The Joint Commission standards and elements of performance that affect the delivery of healthcare and apply to the hospital.
- We are committed to the proposition that all billings for patient services and other transactions must be properly documented and authorized in accordance with applicable legal requirements and Dameron Hospital's policies and procedures.
- We are committed to avoiding any activity, practice or act that conflicts with the interests of, or that could bring into question, Dameron Hospital's integrity.
- We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the highest quality and most dedicated workforce possible in today's market.
- We are committed to using our resources wisely and shall be accountable to ourselves and to others for their proper use.
- We are committed to operating in an environment wherein the health, safety, privacy, and comfort of patients and staff come first.
Our Corporate Compliance Program sets forth the means by which the code and related policies are implemented and monitored. The Corporate Compliance Program includes the following elements:
- Establishing written policies and procedures in order to reduce the prospect of unethical or criminal conduct.
- Establishing an Executive Corporate Compliance Committee and designating a Compliance Officer that has been assigned the overall responsibility to oversee the compliance program.
- Providing a reporting system whereby unethical and criminal conduct can be reported without fear of retribution.
- Utilizing monitoring and auditing systems designed to detect unethical and/or criminal conduct.
- Supporting the right of every individual to report any suspected violation of the Corporate Compliance Program or Code of Conduct anonymously:
- Compliance Hotline: 800.453.3949 managed by Compliance Concepts, Inc., Charlotte, North Carolina, is confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All calls are answered by an operator who will handle the call promptly and professionally.
- Individuals will not be subject to any reprisal for a good-faith report of a suspected violation of the Compliance Program, Code of Conduct or related policy.
The Joint Commission
Dameron Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission seeks to continuously improve the safety and quality of care provided to the public through the provision of health care accreditation and related services that support performance improvement in healthcare organizations.
An individual who has any concerns about patient care and safety in the hospital, which the hospital has not addressed, is encouraged to contact the hospital's management. If the concerns cannot be resolved through the hospital, the individual is encouraged by the hospital to contact The Joint Commission.
Patients, staff and families may contact The Joint Commission using one of the following:
- On The Joint Commission’s website, using the “Report a Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center”;
- By fax to 630-792-5636; or
- By mail to:
The Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
Callers to the 800.994.6610 line for The Joint Commission Office of Quality and Patient Safety will receive an automated message providing instructions on how to file a patient safety report or concern in writing.
For accredited and certified organizations, the Office of Quality and Patient Safety (OQPS) remains available at email@example.com.