Updated Hospital Visitor Guidelines
In response to the evolving community restrictions related to COVID-19, our hospital visitor policy is being modified to expand visitor access and create a more patient and family-centered healing environment. Effective November 21, 2022:
Two visitors at a time per patient during visiting hours
(Non-COVID patients only)
Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Visitors are no longer required to be tested for COVID-19 or show proof of vaccination to visit patients.
- Each patient will be allowed two visitors at a time (non-COVID).
- Any visitors under 14 must be approved by administration.
Visitors access is limited to the patient room, lobby, designated waiting areas and our hospital cafeteria.
- End of Life (Not Comfort Care): Up to two visitors are allowed to be present with the patient at the same time.
- Disability/Cognitive Impairment: Up to two visitors are allowed to be present with the patient at the same time.
- Surgery patients: Allowed one visitor for pre-op and post-op appointments.
- It must be the same visitor for both appointments.
- That visitor will be able to wait in the hospital during the procedure.
Visiting hours do not apply to the emergency department; however, patients are limited to one visitor.
- COVID positive patients: one visitor at a time, no more than two visitors per day.
- COVID patient visitor PPE: May wear surgical mask. If visitor opts for N-95, staff will teach visitor how to perform seal check. Gown, gloves and eye protection required.
- Visitation for COVID positive patients may be limited or restricted due to infection control risks (i.e., COVID patient undergoing aerosol-generating procedure, visitors not adhering to PPE or infection prevention practices, ongoing outbreak).
Without exception, every visitor must:
- Wear a well-fitted mask with good filtration (N95, KF94, KN95 or surgical masks are preferred over cloth face coverings) at all times;
- Receive proper screening and wear proper PPE when they are in the facility;
- Physically distance from staff and other patients/visitors that are not part of their group at all times.