Emergency Department Fast Track
Our Emergency Department has a newly expanded nine-patient bed Fast Track area, which sits adjacent to the Emergency Room (ER) and allows patients with minor injuries or illnesses to be seen more quickly and efficiently at Dameron Hospital.
Dameron's Fast Track provides timely treatment for patients whose medical condition isn't severe enough to require treatment by the emergency room (ER) team. And because the Fast Track is an extension of our ER, if your condition is more serious than initially assessed, we can quickly get you the care you need and even admit you to the hospital, if necessary.
The expanded area allows us to ensure that patients are seen quickly in the Fast Track while keeping the main ED exam beds available for patients requiring a higher, more critical level of care.
Once triaged, patients requiring less intensive care will be taken to one of our Fast Track exam rooms to see an emergency care provider. If your condition does not require tests or x-rays, you will be evaluated, treated, and discharged in a timely manner.
Dameron Hosptial's Fast Track is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Important Things to Bring With You
We understand that most visits to the Emergency Department aren't planned. However, if possible, being prepared and knowing what to expect can help alleviate some of the stress you may experience. When visiting our Emergency Department, here are some things to make sure you bring with you to help expedite your treatment.
- Your health insurance information card (including Medicare and supplemental plan information)
- Photo identification (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- A list of the medications that you take, or the bottles containing your medicine and vitamins and other pills not prescribed by your doctor
- Any records or recent test results you may have concerning your health
- A list of immunizations (If you are bringing your child to the ER)
- A list of emergency contacts and contact information for your regular medical providers